Whenever September rolls around, I’m always reminded of the opening scenes of one of my favorite movies, “You’ve Got Mail,” when Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks stroll down the streets of New York City to the background music of Dreams, by the Cranberries. Bouquets of sharpened pencils, anyone? Yes, please!
1) Speaking of bouquets of sharpened pencils, one rainy afternoon, I took stock of all my writing utensils (pens, pencils, etc) and threw out all the worn out, dried out items. Now I have good idea of what I have (a lot) and what I need to buy (not a lot)
2) So many movies came out this month that I wanted to see~ I saw It, The Big Sick and Home Again. I really enjoyed and recommend all three. I’m looking forward to so many new releases this fall/winter season too, such as Breathe, Dad’s Lunchbox and Wonder, What’s on your list?
3) I’m hoping to put together a capsule wardrobe for work so I can be more efficient on weekday mornings. Before I start buying new stuff, I’m clearing out every worn, ratty or non-fitting item. There is a corner in my apartment that is slowly filling up with items that I am getting rid of as part of my Goodbye Things habit shift.
4) I’ve always loved making lists, either on paper or digitally. I’m trying out four apps, Ahorro, LifeCycle, Sleep Cycle and My FitnessPal to keep help track of my money, time, sleeping and eating habits.
I’ve been keeping track for about one and a half months now~ and it’s not really a surprise to me that I work at lot (sometimes I’m at the office 9-10 hours a day), don’t sleep enough, and I tend to overeat at dinner because I’m ravenous by the end of the day. But it’s not all bad news~ I spend more time with friends and having fun than I thought. So it’s definitely not all work and no play.
5) Day trip to Tainan! I’ll go more into the details about this trip next week, but here is a sneak peek of the short getaway. Even though we were only there for 8 hours, but I realized that even a short break from my daily routine is enough to feel revitalizing.
September feels like a second crack at a New Year for me, so it always feels fresh and exciting. My “Goodbye Things” project is in full swing. I’ll be sharing my progress in upcoming posts next month.